17 March 2013

HOW TO HEAR YOUR INNER GUIDANCE




(Note: if you are reading this in your email, the above VLOG may not be visible. Click on over to the blog to watch it)

I made a commitment to myself recently, to strengthen my connection with my inner guidance. In the past, I had a tendency to only draw on this precious wisdom when I thought I needed it. Most of the time I felt pretty content living from my head, and it was only when my rational mind would fail me that I would turn inwards for support.

But I decided recently that I didn't want my relationship with my inner guide to just be some random and sporadic event, but rather my predominant way of being and living.

I have been working each day to strengthen this relationship by quietening my mind and tuning in to my heart. I have been spending the early hours of the morning sitting by candlelight, becoming more aware of my inner self

As I mentioned in this post, I have been completing a daily practices from May Cause Miracles by witnessing my fearful thoughts and choosing to reconnect with love. I have been slowing down my mind, dropping in my body and starting to feel more. And I have been letting go of my way of doing things and starting to simply tune in to my inner feelings and allow that to guide my actions and decisions.


WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR INNER GUIDE?

I started feeling really drawn to share this with all of you, but then I suddenly had a thought. For some of you, living with your inner guidance may seem like a nice concept, but perhaps it is something you have not had much experience with. And while there is nothing wrong with that (as we are all on our own journey and where are exactly where we need to be), I realised that many of you may not really know how to do it!

So, before  I dive in to this topic have a think about the following questions

What does inner guidance mean to you?
What does the term inner guidance feel like to you?
What experiences have you had with your inner guidance so far?


HOW TO HEAR YOUR INNER GUIDANCE

So, in today's video I decided to share some tips on how you can start to build a relationship with your own inner guidance.

In the video, I share some powerful questions that you can start to explore to build this connection, which include

What do you love to do?
How do you feel when you are doing what you love? (list a few key words)
What do you experience in your body when you feel these feelings?
What do those sensations in your body look like?


I recommend you watch the video to get a better understanding of what I mean with these questions, and then go about answering them.


HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR INNER GUIDANCE

Once you have become familiar with this feeling, I want you to practice how you can start to bring your inner guidance in to your day to day life by choosing to experience these feelings more regularly.

The examples I gave in the video include;

Sitting in meditation each day with the intention of connecting to that loving energy within you
Noticing how you feel when you make decisions and tuning in to which option connects you most to the feeling of your inner guidance
Simply choosing to tune in to that energy within you moment by moment through your day. Perhaps set an alarm on your phone which will go off every hour to remind you to take a deep breathe, drop your attention in to your body and feel. 


I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic. What does your inner guidance feel like to you? What is your relationship like with your inner guide? Do you find it easy or hard to connect with it and follow it? Leave a comment or thought for me below!


signature small


PS: I SENT OUT MY FIRST WEEKLY INSPIRATION NOTE (AKA: MY NEWSLETTER) FOR conniechapman.com THIS WEEK! ARE YOU ON THE LIST?

DON'T MISS OUT! SIGN UP FOR UPDATES BELOW + GET YOUR FREE COPY OF MY EBOOK

First Name



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...